- Read the book, The Important Book by Margaret Wise Brown
- As the book was read, students were invited to identify the adjectives found throughout the book.
- To jump start student thinking, we worked collaboratively to brainstorm an adjective web and create a writing sample about the classroom teacher.
- After completing the guided practice, students brainstormed positive adjectives that described themselves. They organized their ideas using a web graphic organizer.
- If a student became stuck for an adjective, he or she could pass their web to another member of the class to have them add a positive adjective.
- Students selected their favorite adjectives and wrote a selection following the circular pattern identified from the book read earlier.
- After editing their writing samples, students created a rough draft of their slide.
- The students were then able to log in on their computers and create their individual slides using Pixie 2 software.
- As students finished their slides, each slide was transferred to a thumb drive and then each student recorded themselves reading their slide.
- The slides were exported as a video file.
- To see the video check out the Student Artifacts tab