- Write a description of 4 of the characters introduced in this section. Provide as much detail as possible about their physical characteristics, relationships, and personalities.
- What does the "touch-me-not" appearance of the cottage mean?
- Describe the woods next to the cottage.
- What amazing fact about the Tucks is revealed?
- Describe Mae's one special object.
- Why is Winnie thinking about running away?
- What 2 comments did Winnie's grandmother make about the music coming from the wood?
- What do you think the man in the yellow suit wants?
- What happened in the wood when Winnie went there in the morning?
- What do you think Mae Tuck meant when she said, "Well, boys, here it is. The worst is happening at last"?