This is an opportunity for the Level One (Knowledge) or Level Two (Instructional) person who wants to create a website that students and parents can access for curriculum or class information. Create a project where students visit different websites and evaluate them for validity, content, ease of use, and design. Assign students different roles and responsibilities for the class website.
to be able to create a curriculum-based classroom website
- create a site that you can easily modify
- post curriculum, homework assignments, rules of your class, information for parents, etc.
- develop a project so your students can evaluate sites and provide the content for the class website
- create a rubric to assess each studentís role and responsibility for the website
2.3.1, 2.3.3, 2.4.1, 2.4.8
ISTE Standards and Performance Indicators:
I.B, V.A , B and D, VI.A
Length and Types
- six to twelve hours hands-on workshop in a small group with others at the same level or
- three hours coaching session one-on-one or with team of two
Create a CurriculumWebsite or equivalent
This eCoach opportunity can be bundled with other opportunities in an institute or staff development program with a focus on a particular curriculum area, grade-level, or project. Our coaches can prepare your coaches to provide this service onsite for a separate fee. Our coaches will include relevant eCoach guides as part of any opportunity or purchase guides separately.
eCoach Guides and Resources to help you meet the Objectives
- Skills & Strategies For Media Literacy - this site provides information about media literacy
- Information Literacy Skills (Big6)
- Information Literacy Resources
- Web Design - Step-by-Step Tutorials
- Multimedia - Step-by-Step Tutorials
- Multimedia Resources
- Forms of Assessment
- Using Self-Evaluation with Fourth Graders
- Web Design and Usability
- Creating a Classroom Webpage - takes you step by step on how to design a classroom webpage
- Scholastic Class Pages - you can create your own classroom webpage. You can share messages with students and parents, post pictures of classroom activities, and list homework assignments, etc.
- Web Authoring Resources
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510.635.8033.
My eCoach is a division of Computer Strategies, LLC
© 2000, all rights reserved
Return to List of eCoach Opportunities
Return to My eCoach